SOLICITOR – Planning and Highways
£36,922 - £45,859
Market Supplement of £4000 to scp 39 and £5000 to scp 42
RG7/8b (scp 33-42)
The Council are looking to appoint a Solicitor/Lawyer who has relevant proven experience working within local government to deal with all aspects of the Council’s Planning and Highways functions in Legal Services.
About the role
The work is varied but challenging and could be an opportunity to broaden your general planning experience in an urban environment.
You will advise on all aspects of planning and highways legislation impacting on the Council as Local Planning and Highway Authorities. Taking personal conduct of the planning and highways work of major planning significance to the Council including the drafting, negotiation and completion of all complex and some routine Section 106 Agreements/Unilateral Undertakings. Planning and highway advice and enforcement.
The role also covers highways work in relation to TTRO’s/TRO’s and S278/38 agreements which enable development to proceed in accordance with the member timetable set by the Traffic Management Sub Committee
The ideal candidate will be a qualified legal executive, solicitor or barrister with 3-5 years PQE experience and able to demonstrate experience in all aspects of planning and highway law and practice.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
- Eye care - help towards an eye test and glasses, if you use a computer at work
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.email@example.com
Closing date: 18th April
Interview date: w/c 19th April
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.