Hammonds is a residential care home providing personal care to 14 people who live with a learning disability and/or other health conditions. The service can support up to 20 people.
Hammonds accommodates 14 people across three separate buildings, each of which has separate adapted facilities. One of the buildings had four rooms catered for people who stay at the home for short breaks on a respite basis.
The principles and values of Registering the Right Support (RSS) and other best practice guidance ensure people with a learning disability and or autism who use a service can live as full a life as possible and achieve the best outcomes that include control, choice and independence.
For more information check out our campaign page - Careers in adults residential care
About The Job
Salary: Grade 12 £40,876 to £43,857
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Bognor Regis
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated individual who can lead the services into the future with a focus on empowering, enabling people to maximise their potential and build and develop their strengths, life skills, have choice and control about their everyday life in a Residential Care Setting.
Residential care does not mean you lose control over your lives; we are here to listen, communicate effectively and efficiently and learn from the people we support and care for.
The manager will lead in the growth and development and ensure it is effective, efficient, caring safe and compliant. The manager will also ensure that a supportive and innovative support structure is in place for its staff teams, so they can deliver 'the life people would like to lead' that promotes independency, choice and control and accessibility to opportunities that will meet peoples outcomes.
- The manager will be required to register with the Care Quality Commission and undertake a 'Fit persons' interview.
- There is an expectation to cover shifts at least one weekend every 6 weeks.
- An expectation to be on call for your team with the support from out of hours services and senior managers.
Experience and Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen and interpret what people are saying and manage difficult, sensitive and contentious issues and concerns in a timely and effective way.
- Able to influence the actions of others and to negotiate solutions across wide areas of the business and successfully convince others of the need to take a specific course of action to ensure that people's needs are met.
- Ability to research, analyse and interpret information to make effective judgements in order to review the effectiveness of activities and service provision, plan long term and set timescales, including understanding the broader business environment and context in order to take account of the broader impacts on business.
- Effective people and performance management skills and the ability to provide direction and motivate and inspire the team.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to develop achievable options that will provide the best outcomes for people, whilst ensuring all resources are managed effectively.
- Good IT skills in order to analyse and research data, produce reports / statements and monitor budgets. The ability to help lead on incorporating technology into service delivery.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- A Professional Health or Social Care Qualification e.g. CQSW, Dip SW, RNLD, CSS, or extensive equivalent and comparable experience.
- Post graduate professional qualification relating to management; or equivalent level of significant experience is desirable.
- Registered Manager's Award or equivalent qualification.
- Extensive experience of working in a residential care centre setting and/or other social care setting.
- A detailed understanding of the needs of the people you will be supporting (i.e. adults with a learning disability, older people, people with dementia and other cognitive impairments, adults with physical and sensory impairments) and their rights as an individual.
- Experience of effectively managing / leading staff to deliver a customer focussed service.
- Demonstrable experience of monitoring and / or managing budgets effectively to deliver a service within available resources.
- Experience of working in partnership with external bodies or agencies, to achieve a unified multi-agency approach delivering a seamless service to our customers.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 29 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working option.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE02918 .
If you are at all interested and would like to know more about the role please call or email Jo Braine Area Service Manager In House Adult Social Care on 07702 668911 or at . For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!