Principle Structural Engineer - Part-time 2 days per week
Salary: MM1 £38946 - £49818
The role potentially attracts a Market Factor supplement of up to £10,000 (which is currently under review).
Building Control is at the forefront of ensuring development meets the necessary building regulations and a key role within this process is the Principal Structural Engineer. The role requires the successful applicant to review and check all structural submissions to the building control department to ensure compliance with the Regulations.
We are currently looking to strengthen the team to maintain the excellent customer service and market share currently provided. You will need to have a comprehensive understanding of the building control process and the building regulations as well as an ability to carry out structural reviews and site inspections.
Minimum qualifications required are MIStructE, MICE, RICS or CABE, along with a minimum of five years’ experience working within Local Authority Building Control.
The advertised salary is for full time work 36 hours, the salary and potential Market Factor Supplement for part time work will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
Local Government Pension
Up to 31 days annual leave (pro rata and subject to length of service).
You will join a friendly and hardworking team who have delivered excellent performance in recent years. This role will support the performance of the Service and its continued improvement with emphasis placed on customer service and the delivery of high-quality outcomes.
The role is a part time role working two days a week.
The advertised salary is for full time work, the salary for part time will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. your CV
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: midnight 28th January 2021
Interview date :TBA
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon on 0208 132 1044 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Andrew Marsden on 0208 1320713 Andrew.Marsden@enfield.gov.uk for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.