Planning & Property Lawyer
£32,910 - £41,881 per annum pro rata (Scale 9 - 11)
Scale offered will depend on skills and experience as per the Officer Grading Specification.
Part Time – 14 hours per week
Joining Arun District Council’s busy legal team, based in Littlehampton, West Sussex, you will provide sound advice, in relation to planning (Section 106 Agreements) and / or property transactions. You will be versatile, happy to adapt and use your initiative to manage a varied caseload.
We are a small and supportive team, and welcome applicants from lawyers who want to work remotely or flexibly. For an informal discussion please speak to Louise Greene, Legal Services Manager on 01903 737830.
This post has been identified as a Politically Restricted Post. Local authority employees holding politically restricted posts are disqualified from membership of any local authority, other than a parish or community council, from being a Member of Parliament or a Member of the European Parliament, and from membership of the Scottish Parliament or Welsh Assembly. They are subject to prescribed restrictions on their political activity through the Local Government Officers (Political Restrictions) Regulations 1990 (SI 1990/851). This includes canvassing.
We offer in return:
- Up to 30 + 2 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays (up to 28 + 2 days if appointed at scale 9 & 10) (pro rata for part time)– (PLUS Flexi-time including an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
Further information and an application form can be obtained from our jobs page.
CLOSING DATE: 4 February 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: 9 February 2021
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment.
If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form,
please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application