Job Title: Residential Child Care Worker and Senior Residential Child Care Worker
Location: Hertford & other locations
Hours: Full Time -37 hours per week
Salary Range: Starting from £20,903 up to £27,741 per Annum plus Market forces payment.
Our Residential Child Care Workers transform lives.
Hertfordshire County Council are opening three new children’s homes across the County. We want the best for our children and want them to be closer to their families and the communities that they know, living in high-quality homes that are designed around them. We are looking for Residential Childcare Workers and Senior Residential Childcare Workers to join our team.
We understand the impact of trauma on children and are passionate about helping these young people find their strengths and explore what they want to achieve with their lives. We believe in nurturing positive relationships and are wholly dedicated to never giving up on a child.
We currently have a number of vacancies for Residential Childcare Workers and Senior Residential Childcare Workers at our new home in Hertford. This is an innovative model to support children who require intensive support. There are three self-contained, one bedroom flats which make up the home and each flat will incorporate a high level of dedicated support for the young person.
We also have vacancies for Residential Childcare Workers in our mainstream 4 and 5 bed homes in Baldock, Watford and Stevenage and for our homes for disabilities in Welwyn Garden City. You can indicate a preference for the location of the home you wish to work at on your application, but you may be offered a position in another home.
What we offer :
Our homes are a uniquely dynamic and supportive place to work. You will join a hands on and committed team and have great access to training and a full multi-agency support network including health and education colleagues.
We train our staff in the well-established ARC (Attachment self-Regulation and Competency) model of trauma informed practice. ARC, pioneered by the Boston Trauma Centre, has been in place in Hertfordshire for 10 years.
All Hertfordshire County Council homes are rated as Good and Outstanding with Ofsted and this is the standard we continually commit to deliver.
- A compassionate individual who demonstrates patience and resilience, with the capacity to connect with teenagers. While bringing plenty of empathy to the role you are able to set boundaries.
- It is absolutely essential that you have a passion for working with children and young people
- You may have previous experience of working with children and young people but it is not necessary if you can show why you want to work with children in residential care
- You are able to find and use creative ways to communicate with children; are quick to learn and willing to work flexibly and innovatively to meet the changing and challenging needs of the children.
- You are able form trusted relationships with young people in your care by supporting them with their social and emotional development and educational achievement. You know how to set boundaries and bring consistency to children’s lives as any good parent would.
- You will be able to use the ARC model as a therapeutic form of intervention to help teenagers make sense of their backgrounds and find a positive way forward.
- You will be required on occasion to use your own car for business, although you will have access to a Hertfordshire car whilst on shift, therefore a full clean driving licence is required.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.