This is an exciting time in the Planning Policy department here at Rutland…. we are working on the county’s Local Plan ahead of submission to central government. We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Planning Policy Manager to lead the process!
Who you are…
- Degree level qualified with qualification in Town and Country Planning
- Professional membership of RTPI or other similar institute
- Experienced manager at senior level
- Experienced in community consultation and Stakeholder communication within a local government context
About the role....
The role is business critical as it oversees the development of all Planning and Housing policy for Rutland County Council. The post holder will:
- Provide the strategic lead on spatial planning within Rutland and be the principal advisor to Chief Officers/Elected Members on Planning Policy matters
- Take the strategic and operational lead for the progression of the Local Plan, Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and Planning Obligations
- Manage the Council’s Housing Strategy function and enabling the delivery of affordable housing
- Provide overall strategic co-ordination and leadership for delivery of the section’s strategies/policies, working with partners in Rutland, the region and nationally as required
Under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989, this post is classified as a politically restricted post. Employees who are politically restricted are disqualified from standing for or holding elected office under the Local Government (Political Restrictions) Regulations 1990 (LGO(PR)R 1990) [SI 851].
What we offer in return… a safe working environment, which adheres to government guidance on social distancing. Work that makes a difference to people’s lives within this beautiful county, in addition to structured salary reviews and a local government pension scheme. discounted access to ‘Active Rutland’ keep fit activities and Flexi-Time to name just a few!
What to do now… Please visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk for more information about this role. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Penny Sharp, Director for Places 01572 758160 or email: email@example.com
Please follow the links to apply online. Alternatively you can contact one of the HR team for an application pack, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01572 758291.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will usually be sent out via email. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the HR team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.