Hours of work:37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 7 February 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed
For an informal discussion, please contact Charlotte de Retuerto Registered Homes Manager or Rose Cooper Deputy Homes Manager on 01323 466049
Are you a motivated senior manager who can take a lead in our residential service for children with learning and physical disabilities?
The Senior Group Worker post involves working under the supervision of the Deputy Homes Manager to undertake day to day management of a busy home which provides residential support for children and young people who have learning disabilities and complex needs.
We invite applications from people who will:
- Be an excellent leader who can motivate staff and promote good practice.
- Use coaching and mentoring skills to ensure that your staff team are competent and skilled to deliver the support required.
- Support a team of staff whose primary role involves caring for children and young people with complex needs, including challenging behaviour.
- Monitor performance through observation, supervision and appraisals.
- Oversee management of rotas, prioritising work to ensuring adequate cover to maintain standards in all aspects of the service.
- Have responsibility to ensure that the service meets, exceeds and maintains the standards set out by the DoE Childrens Homes Regulations and our own internal Quality Assurance Framework.
- Work as a member of the management team in order to provide an effective, responsive service within statutory requirements, Departmental policy and available resources, liaising with multi-disciplinary teams, Dealing with issues for the children and young people and contributing to the development of the service.
- Have a working knowledge of current legislation including the Care Standards Act 2000, the Children Act 1989 (as amended) and Working Together to safeguard Children 2018.
- An aptitude for communicating both verbally and in writing is essential.
You will be supported by the Deputy homes Manager and Registered Homes Manager with an induction, supervision and support mechanisms.
If you are confident that you can meet the requirements of the Job Description and Person Specification for this post we will be pleased to receive your application.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.