This is a Chief Executive Vacancy for 3VA who are being supported with the recruitment to this role by Helen Knight, Head of HR for Eastbourne Borough and Lewes District Council. The post is available with 3VA and the successful candidate will be employed by 3VA, not Lewes and Eastbourne Councils.
3VA is proud to be the Voluntary Action organisation for the three districts of Wealden, Eastbourne and Lewes in East Sussex. In our work, we support and develop our local voluntary groups and organisations in these three districts that do so much to strengthen and build resilience in our communities. We are also proud to be part of a national movement of social and voluntary action. The communities we serve have elements of both rurality and urbanisation, can be both wealthy and economically challenged and have the widest range of ages. Our work and our planning reflect this diversity and our belief in working with and strengthening the assets in each of our local communities.
We are now looking for a permanent Chief Executive to join us and take our strategic plan and vision for the future forward.
In this role you will be:
- Responsible for continuing the good work of our previous Chief Executive ensuring that we meet our overarching goals by 2022, whilst developing a coherent vision and plan for the future – to be an influential leader in the community and to work in partnership supporting, developing and inspiring the community and voluntary sector
- Accountable for the day to day management of the organisation and resource planning
- Responsible for maintaining and creating strategic partnerships with funders and stakeholders both locally and nationally
- Responsible for ensuring that effective arrangements are in place for governance, performance monitoring and probity
- Providing effective and transparent reporting to our Board of Trustees
- Actively leading the development of our digital opportunity ensuring it sits alongside our values and ethics, and other priorities
- Responsible for the support provided to our 500 members
In return, you will:
- Be able to lead an organisation which is constantly seeking new opportunities to build a resilient community within its area.
- Be part of an organisation which is working to grow its position as the 'go to' organisation for the voluntary and community sector and to bridge the gap with the statutory sector.
- Be part of an organisation that has worked tirelessly during the Covid 19 pandemic in close partnership with Local Authorities, NHS etc to provide excellent support to our vulnerable communities
- Lead a professional, friendly, dedicated organisation, supporting the committed team of trustees, staff and volunteers.
- Be joining us when we have been successful in building a financially resilient organisation who are not complacent when planning for a sustainable future.
Helen Knight, Head of HR for Eastbourne Borough and Lewes District Council, is supporting us with the recruitment to this role. Please submit a full CV with a covering letter explaining your reasons for applying and how you believe you meet the duties and responsibilities of this post to her at Helen.Knight@lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk
Closing date for applications:
Noon on Thursday 28 January 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a group discussion with a number of our trustees during the week commencing 8 February and interviews with the trustees Appointment Panel will follow during the week commencing 15 February 2021. Both activities will be held in Lewes in a Covid safe office and in accordance with social distancing.