Are you passionate about STEM, exploring opportunities and nurturing strong and lasting links between businesses and schools, to promote this agenda? This could be the role for you.
Funding has been secured through the Welsh Government (Tech Valleys) to deliver a pilot project which is centred on a co-ordinated and targeted programme of “industry in schools STEM facilitation” within Blaenau Gwent based schools, raising aspiration, attainment and preparing pupils for their journey into the world of work.
Through a strong partnership approach, the project will seek to raise awareness of opportunities and skills amongst children, young people and the wider community; to positively engage them and ultimately increase aspiration and attainment, primarily aligned to STEM.
Engaging with business to ensure their involvement is a key requirement of the project; delivering authentic learning experiences; and initiatives are aligned to the employment and skills needs of business moving forward, in addition to those of the schools and pupils.
As part of this new project, we have an exciting Industry Liaison Officer opportunity within our Regeneration team for the right individual who can demonstrate creativity, strong communication and relationship skills.
The successful candidate will have experience of undertaking similar roles, working in comparable settings and with a passionate interest in this area of work.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with the business community in Blaenau Gwent.
- To be the interface between Blaenau Gwent Council, key business sectors and other stakeholders in promoting and supporting local employment/skills related (current and future) opportunities.
- Engaging with businesses to identify employment requirements/associated skills gaps; and utilise this information to inform the project delivery, preparing residents (children and young people) for prospective opportunities.
- To utilise and maintain appropriate database(s) and/or CRMs to track business offer/requirements and cross reference with stakeholder need/delivery (e.g. individuals, schools, employment agencies); monitoring associated outcomes.
- Work with key partners (including Careers Wales) to prepare residents (children, young people) to meet identified current and future employment needs.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate links between the business community and service users; using innovative and engaging methods.
- To organise, deliver and attend events and activities; encouraging business engagement, active participation and commitment where relevant.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Closing Date: 28.01.21
Interview Date: January 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.