Broker / Purchasing Agents
Full time post – Secondment or Fixed Term
About the role
The Brokerage team are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual for a 12-month secondment or fixed term opportunity.
The key function of this post is to source appropriate care for Enfield residents whether this be in the community or a long-term care home placement. Also;
- You will coordinate and lead the process of securing high quality, timely and cost-effective packages of care for eligible service users.
- You will be building effective relationships with relevant professionals and key stakeholders (i.e. social work teams, service users and their families homecare providers, hospital discharge teams & care home providers).
- You will ensure the care provisions comply with CQC
- You will maintain a good understanding and awareness of Enfield Council’s and policies and procedures in relation to safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
Ideally you should have knowledge of different client groups, i.e. older people, physical disability. Previous experience of negotiating with care providers would be beneficial.
Fixed Term post/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date - Midnight 20th January 2021
Interview Date: TBC
If you have difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon 0208 132 1044
For more information or visit to the team please contact Liz Griffiths 0208 132 1268 or Des O'Donoghue 0208 132 2091
A texphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 0208 379 4419.
"This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the Welfare of Children, young people and Vulnerable Adults and expects all staff volunteers to share in this commitment".