Working for us at West Sussex County Council is all about making a positive difference to the people of West Sussex. This is a great opportunity for you to join us as an Assistant Care Manager - you will act alongside our social work and health care colleagues responsible for delivering a statutory social work service to adults living in the locality of West Sussex.
About The Job
Job Title: Assistant Care Manager
Salary Range: Grade 6 £20,903 to £22,183 and Grade 7 £23,080 to £25,481
Work Locations: Princess Royal (Haywards Heath) or Crawley Hospital
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
We currently have opportunities for Assistant Care Managers at the Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath or at Crawley Hospital.
The Hospital Social Work Teams are in an exciting period of development - working closely with our Health colleagues to develop services and enable earlier discharges to improve the independence of people returning to the community.
The work will involve carrying out care act assessments and reviews; mental capacity act assessments; continuing health care assessments and supporting with safeguarding enquiries where appropriate. The successful candidate will be expected to take part in a duty rota.
It is essential that as an Assistant Care Manager, you have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the team. You will also be able to effectively manage a caseload in a timely and consistent manner, using clear and concise recording and be able to work effectively with our partner agencies in Statutory and Voluntary organisations in busy health and social care environments.
The team will offer the successful candidate excellent peer support, regular supervision and on-going training opportunities to develop your skills as an Assistant Care Manager.
Experience and Skills
As an Assistant Care Manager you will have the skills and experience to:
- Analyse and interpret information and prioritise needs in order to make recommendations / decisions which will have a positive outcome.
- Handle exposure to challenging behaviour from people who access or need the service.
- Work independently and as part of a team, working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Work in a multi-agency environment to deliver a service to those people who access or need the service.
- Communicate both orally and in writing complicated or sensitive information to a range of audiences to achieve positive outcomes. In particular, to be able to communicate clearly with customers reflecting the service objectives and standards. Sound and accurate ICT and keyboard skills.
- Recognise the limits of own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support, advice and supervision.
- Work flexibly out of office hours to assist customers, carers and families
Rewards and Benefits
You will be entitled to 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually. There is also an additional salary weighting for the opportunity at Crawley Hospital.
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE02952 .