Case Progression Officers
5 permanent posts (due to internal promotion)
Full time 37 hours,
RG4 (scp 11- 22) gateway at 17
£21,748 - £27,041
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to secure a position in a legal environment to gain experience and to further their career towards a traineeship. A law degree or a legal qualification is not essential but would assist you in understanding how this role fits into the legal process. We offer a supportive and collaborative environment that will enable you to grow and develop your legal knowledge and experience.
About the role
The Joint Legal Team, based in the Civic Offices in Reading, provides a legal service to the six Children’s Services departments in Berkshire. We are seeking to recruit applicants who will commit to the continued success of the team and to the high standard of service which we provide to our clients. Successful candidates will be rewarded with an interesting and varied workload and a friendly and supportive working environment.
The successful applicants will be involved in general administrative duties and alongside this will prepare court bundles for trial. The case progression role is to ensure that evidence is produced and lodged in accordance with statutory guidance and court ordered case management timescales.
Requirements for this role:
- An understanding of legal processes.
- The ability to collate and manage a significant number of documents both manually and digitally.
- Good organisational and communication skills (both written and verbal) and showing a high degree of attention to detail.
- The ability to work both as part of a team as well as on your own initiative when required.
- The ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position, email - Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17th Jan
Interview Date: w/c 18th Jan
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.