General Lawyer/ Senior Lawyer
£32,910 - £41,881 per annum (Scale 9 - 11) – Scale offered will depend on skills and experience as detailed in the Officer Grading Specification.
Full Time – 37 hours per week
12 month Fixed Term Maternity Cover / 12 month secondment for internal applicants (Internal employees must seek persmission from their manager prior to applying)
Start Date: March 2021 (subject to pre-employment checks)
Joining Arun District Council’s busy legal team, based in Littlehampton, West Sussex, you will provide sound advice, primarily in relation to housing law and civil litigation matters. You will be versatile, happy to adapt and use your initiative to manage a varied caseload. With excellent communication skills, you will represent the Council at Court and Council meetings as required.
We are a small and supportive team, and welcome applicants from lawyers who want to work flexibly. For an informal discussion please speak to Caroline Perry, Principal Solicitor on 01903 737691.
We will consider remote working in this role.
This post has been identified as a Politically Restricted Post. Local authority employees holding politically restricted posts are disqualified from membership of any local authority, other than a parish or community council, from being a Member of Parliament or a Member of the European Parliament, and from membership of the Scottish Parliament or Welsh Assembly. They are subject to prescribed restrictions on their political activity through the Local Government Officers (Political Restrictions) Regulations 1990 (SI 1990/851). This includes canvassing.
We offer in return:
- Up to 30 + 2 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays (up to 28 + 2 days if appointed at scale 9 & 10)– PLUS Flexi-Time including an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
Please apply online via our jobs page.
CLOSING DATE: 21 January 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: 28 January 2021
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment.
If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form,
please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application