Hours of work: 30 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time
(As the position is part-time, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 25 January 2020
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ringmer Primary and Nursery School, Harrisons Lane, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5LL
Phone: 01273 812463
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Ringmer Primary and Nursery School is a one and a half form entry primary school, with an onsite Nursery, positioned on the edge of the South Downs National Park, near Lewes. The school was extended in 2016 providing us with a wonderful learning environment to support our fantastic grounds.
We are looking for a School Business Manager to join our friendly and supportive team. We have a warm, approachable, fun, efficient and cohesive office team who are looking forward to welcoming a new member.
You will have:
• Experience in finance, HR, Health and Safety, facilities management and procurement
• Outstanding interpersonal, leadership and time management skills
• ICT knowledge and ideally experience of relevant systems (e.g FMS, SIMS, EXCEL) • Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience of a similar role within a school setting or within education
- To strive to be an active member of the staff team
• To inspire, lead and continue developing staff to reach their full potential
In Return We Can Offer You
• A strong, supportive and committed staff team
• A commitment to supporting your continuing professional development
- A warm welcoming school community
• Pupils who are happy, polite, confident, with an excellent attitude to learning
• A strong team of talented staff open to ideas and committed to driving improvement in our school and community
• A Board of Governors and Senior Leadership team who will support you as you strive to innovate, improve, encourage and engage
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged – these can be held after school and at a social distance.
For more information, full job description and person specification, please contact Kelly or Anna in the school office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 25 January 2021
Interview date: Thursday 28 January 2021
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.