The Governors of St Mary Magdalen’s Catholic Primary School seek to appoint an individual needs assistant. This position is temporary until July 2021 but may be extended. As per the terms of an INA or SEND support contract, should the funding situation change during the year, or the pupil leaves school, this role may need to change, or will no longer exist.
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: For 2 Terms
Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
Successful candidates will:
- Support the Catholic ethos of the school
- Have experience of working with children with special educational needs (SEN)
- Be able to help children progress in their education
- Build good relationships with children, their parents/carers and other staff
- Work well under supervision of a teacher and enjoy working as part of a team
- Treat children and parents from all social and cultural backgrounds with respect
- Be willing, flexible and creative and have lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience of Makaton is desirable but training can be given
If you would like to work in our happy and dynamic school, we would like to hear from you. All applications MUST be made on a Catholic Education Service (CES) Form.
St Mary Magdalen’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the 'Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974', and are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
An application pack is available upon request from the school. Please contact Gill Pitman on 01273 327533 or email email@example.com. Informal visits are warmly welcomed.
Closing date: Friday, 15th January
Interview date: Friday, 22nd January
Completed CES application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Spring Street, Brighton, BN1 3EF, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 327533
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.