Homelessness Prevention Officer
Full time – 37 hours
Ref – DEN0370
RG6b (scp28 – 31) £32,234 - £34,728
Are you looking for a new career opportunity in a fast developing, forward thinking and evolving environment? The Housing Needs Service is looking for a professional and enthusiastic person to join our ambitious and innovative Homeless Prevention Team. You will work as part of a team of Homeless Prevention Officers, interviewing and assessing those in housing need.
About the role
- Leading on your own caseload and work collaboratively with other partner agencies.
- You will work with members of the public to prevent them from losing their current home or to support them to secure a new one.
- The focus of the role is to prevent households from being homeless whilst working within the legal framework.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to negotiate through a variety of environments
- Will require you to have difficult conversations and deliver on realistic expectations.
Previous experience in housing or working with the relevant legislation is not essential in order to apply for the role. If you are passionate about ensuring excellent customer service for residents who are homeless or in housing need, then this could be the next challenge for you.
If you have experience in another field, we would welcome a supporting statement so we can understand how your skills will relate to our post.
Please access the reading council careers site for the full advert and job description
For any more information, please contact Stephen.email@example.com if you would like to discuss this position in more detail.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
Closing Date: 13th Dec
Interview Date: Early in the New Year
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.