Business Analyst – Housing Systems Implementation
Fixed Term (12 months)
Full time 37 hours
£36,922 - £42,821
RG7-scp 33-scp 39, (gateway at scp 36)
Reading Borough Council has committed to an ambitious transformation programme and savings strategy for the benefit of its customers, transforming the way we deliver our services.
Our new Project Management Office (PMO), is a team of experienced project management and change professionals. You will be working in a fast-paced, digitally focused team which strives to put our customer first. The PMO analysis team focus is on customer journeys, delivering service and performance improvement by reducing costs, delivering digital enabling solutions, achieving efficiency savings, and improving customer access.
About the role
This new post will work on the migration and implementation of the existing system to Northgate Housing System, ensuring that the system is implemented in the most efficient way with focus on the Customer Experience Strategy. They will deliver end to end process reviews including comprehensive documentation within the Housing services to ensure they are redesigned to align to the IT implementation, our digital transformation and the requirements of our Customer Experience Strategy.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Significant experience of leading business process reviews and use of data gathering techniques, putting the customer at the heart of the design.
- Significant experience in the delivery of process redesign, organisational, technological (including digital enabling solutions) and embedding business change initiatives
- Experience with system migration and implementing IT solutions, through gathering information, gap analysis and documenting Technology requirements
- Experience of preparing and presenting clear and concise requirements documentation and reports
- Experience of working with 3rd party providers, suppliers or consultants in the delivery of appropriate technology, process and cultural change
- Facilitating workshops with internal and external stakeholders through a variety of media
- Experience with writing and reviewing system and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) test cases
- Housing and/or Local Government Experience desirable
- BCS/ISEB or IIBA certifications desirable but not essential
- Agile (Lean) experience an advantage
You do need to have measurable business analyst experience to be considered. Please ensure you complete the supporting statement when submitting your CV. Please also note that the needs of the project will require you to be in place in January. Once our Covid world returns to normal you will need visit the Reading Office to lead workshops.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17th January
Interview Date: w/c 18th January
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.