Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 01 January 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Hastings Academy
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Vice Principal (Deputy Headteacher)
Do you have a passion for teaching and the drive to improve outcomes for students?
We are interested to hear from talented practitioners who are passionate about teaching and learning and want to join a warm and welcoming academy that can support and develop you as a senior leader. You will be joining a highly motivated and dedicated team who strive to ensure all children unlock their full potential through a broad and balanced approach to learning. We operate an inclusive ethos of culture and acceptance to nurture and aspire children in both their studies and friendships. The role of Vice Principal is paid on the Teachers' Leadership Pay Range L19 - L23, £65,735 to £72,497.
This is an Easter 2021 start.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the Principal to take a key role in the leadership and management of the school
- Have the ability and clear focus to maintain and raise standards throughout the curriculum
- Have proven leadership skills within secondary education and experience of leading school improvement
- Have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and have the ability to build teams in school and with external parties
- Be passionate about delivering outstanding outcomes
- Be relentless in striving for excellence
- Show creativity, initiative and enthusiasm
- Be able to support other team members to become outstanding practitioners
- Be able to hold others to account to ensure high standard
- Ambitious and passionate about making a difference to children’s life chances
About the Academy:
Since opening in 2011 The Hastings Academy has been on an exciting journey. Achieving a 'Good' Ofsted inspection in January 2018.
The Hastings Academy is a secondary school for 11 to 16- year olds in Hastings, East Sussex. Our motto, Pride through success, runs through everything that we do. We are a modern and innovative school, with specialist classrooms and technology to support learning. Our team of talented professional staff are committed to maximising the potential of every child. We hold the Quality in Careers Standard, the national quality award for careers educations, information advice and guidance. We are renowned for our inclusivity and outstanding care of students. We offer 180 student places every year, with a total capacity of 900. We also host a special facility for up to 10 young people with speech, language and communication difficulties.
We can offer you:
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
Find out more:
To view the job description/person specification and apply for this role then please visit the Trust website https://careers.brightonacademiestrust.org.uk/vacancies.aspx
Please contact Hilary Morawska, Principal, to arrange an informal discussion on 01424 711950.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your application.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.