This is an exciting time to join WLBC as we embark on a new chapter. Having recently undergone an organisation review, we are looking for an experienced Executive Support Officer who is looking for a challenge in a fast paced role.
You will need to demonstrate your suitability to this role as outlined in the job profile.
You will be responsible in providing a highly professional, flexible and resilient business support service to the Chief Operating Officer, Directors and Heads of Service within the Council, supporting service delivery, process improvements and change.
This is a very demanding role and has a number of conflicting priorities. You will need to be self-motivated, and be able to use your initiative and prioritise your own workloads in providing executive support to members of the Corporate Management Team.
Your key skills will include:
- Excellent organisational skills, including experience of extensive diary management, proactively screening incoming/outgoing emails and calls and acting as a 'gatekeeper/ using your own judgment to resolve issues.
- The co-ordination of senior level meetings and agenda planning to ensure the timely submission of papers in preparation for the meeting.
- The use of discretion at all times when dealing with a high level of confidential information.
- Willingness to be a team player and a complete finisher with a high attention to detail.
- The ability to work proactively and promptly in a number of areas with proven interpersonal skills when liaising and consulting with the Corporate Management Team, Senior Managers, Elected Members and staff across the organisation.
- Extensive use of management information systems to record, progress and despatch external correspondence to agreed corporate timescales and standards.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge and want to be part of our high performing multi-disciplinary business support service, we would love to hear from you.