This is an exciting new role within Rutland – it is an ideal role for an individual to develop their social work career with a focus on Children in Care and Care Leavers. Do you have a passion for enabling young people to secure good permanent outcomes? If so this could be the role you are looking for…….
We want to hear from people with…..
- A child-focussed approach, with commitment to delivering a quality service to our children and young people
- Knowledge and experience of working with care leavers.
- Significant post-qualifying experience to include child protection investigations, comprehensive assessments and planning for children and young people
- Strong motivational leadership skills and experience of supporting social workers in care planning processes
- Thorough understanding of the legislative and regulatory regime of multi-agency statutory children’s services
- A track record of creating and maintaining successful partnership working arrangements leading to tangible service delivery
Why Rutland? Rutland Children's Social Care is a great place to practice social work…..
We’re different. If you’re looking for an opportunity to lead and develop a team of social workers who work together, where your skills and experience can make a significant difference to both your team members and children and families, and where there really is work life balance, then Rutland is the place for you. We offer manageable caseloads, learning events, training, and regular reflective supervision to focus on you. We encourage continually improving practice to ensure children’s interests are always protected and promoted.
To support you further, your Social Work England registration and DBS costs are covered by us. We can also provide financial relocation assistance, if you’re moving to join Rutland (subject to management approval).
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
What to do now… Please visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or contact Emma Sweeny, Head of Children’s Social Care, firstname.lastname@example.org / 01572 758859 if you’d like an informal discussion about the role.
Please follow the links to apply online. Alternatively you can contact one of the Recruitment team for an application pack, email: email@example.com or call 01572 758343. All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will usually be sent out via email. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the HR team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.