Rutland Children's Social Care is a great place to practice social work. We want to grow our in-house fostering offer and we are looking for a Team Manager to help us. This is an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager with a passion for Fostering to help build our service.
We want to hear from people with…..
- Significant post-qualifying experience, and experience of supporting social workers through Fostering processes
- An understanding of and ideas around fostering recruitment
- Thorough understanding of the legislative and regulatory regime of multi-agency statutory children’s services
- Strong motivational leadership skills, capable of leading and developing a team of practitioners
- A child-focussed approach, with commitment to delivering a quality service to our children and families
- A track record of creating and maintaining successful partnership working arrangements leading to tangible service delivery
Why choose Rutland?
We’re different. If you’re looking for an opportunity to lead and develop a team of social workers who work together, where your skills and experience can make a significant difference to both your team members and children and families, and where there really is work life balance, then Rutland is the place for you. We offer manageable caseloads, learning events, training, and regular reflective supervision to focus on you. We encourage continually improving practice to ensure children’s interests are always protected and promoted.
To support you further, your Social Work England registration and DBS costs are covered by us. We can also provide financial relocation assistance, if you’re moving to join Rutland (subject to management approval).
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
What to do now… Please visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or contact Emma Sweeny, Head of Children’s Social Care, firstname.lastname@example.org / 01572 758859 if you’d like an informal discussion about the role.
Please follow the links to apply online. Alternatively you can contact one of the Recruitment team for an application pack, email: email@example.com or call 01572 758343. All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will usually be sent out via email. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the HR team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People
and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.