Job Title: Site Manager - Recycling Centre
Location: Mobile role - Covering all Recycling Centres across the Hertfordshire network as required by Rota. (Driving license and ownership of own car is essential to the role)
Salary Range: £21,298 - £ 24,955 p.a.
Hours: 40 per week - Full time, 5 day working week pattern, including all weekends and bank holidays (except Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
Do you enjoy working with people, care about the environment and like working as part of a team?
When you join Hertfordshire County Council, you will have a fantastic opportunity to directly influence a front-line service for residents through diverting as much waste as possible from landfill and other residual disposal routes.
What will I be doing?
Providing excellent levels of customer service, you will provide cover for site managers across the network of Recycling Centres in Hertfordshire. You’ll be capable of leading site teams at any of the centres, some large and some small. You’ll advise and assist members of the public on how to use the site(s) in order to maximise recovery of materials they are depositing, which will involve:
• Maintaining accurate records for the removal of materials from the site
• Controlling the exchange of containers by booking loads with the relevant person ensuring the site always has space to segregate and store material correctly
• Maintaining a tidy site
• Ensuring Hertfordshire County Council complies fully with its legal duties in respect of the health, safety and welfare of its employees and service users
• Ensuring Hertfordshire County Council complies with the site permit and all applicable legislation.
• Any other duties that are reasonably requested within the scope of the job-role.
What are the requirements?
• With the potential to gain certifications including first aid and fire marshal training and health & safety and waste industry specific qualifications, we are looking for an enthusiastic team player who will be expected to join the current waste team to ensure operations exceed the standards required.
• A flexible approach to work is essential as the role is designed to cover for holiday and sick days of other site managers.
• An outstanding level of customer service and teamwork approach
• Ideally some prior mobile plant use is desirable but full training will be given for applicants.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to be part of a team taking the Recycling Centre service onto higher levels of achievement. In return we can offer you excellent pension and progression benefits whilst working for an organisation that values its employees and invests in training and career development opportunities.
For an informal discussion please contact Linda Whitehead, Senior Waste Management Project Officer on 01992 556184.
Closing Date: 6th December 2020
Interview Date: w/c 14th December 2020