We are passionate about providing valuable health related information to our communities across Berkshire. Our latest goal is to create a new, health focussed website from scratch, to provide a one stop shop for all things health related across the County. If you are hungry for a challenge and keen to put your web development experience to best use, then we want to hear from you!
We are a unique team working across six local authorities in Berkshire, referred to as the Public Health Shared Team, hosted by Bracknell Forest Council. The team is made up of experts in their field, whether that be public health, data intelligence, health protection or communications and marketing. Everything we do is about creating a better legacy. A better legacy for our employees. For our places. For everyone who lives in our communities.
We are committed to doing everything we can to help our residents understand all the ins and outs of Covid-19 and how everyone has a role to play in protecting the community.
Whilst the pandemic is the main topic of health conversation these days, we also currently provide our residents with several websites to visit including Safe Sex Berkshire, the Berkshire Observatory and Health Resources Berkshire, as well as our very recently launched Covid-19 Dashboard on Berkshire Public Health. There is so much more we want to do but the first step is to have the right person in role to build an exceptional, and easy to navigate, website that engages, motivates and mobilises our residents through dynamic and multi-format information.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest!
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a team of experts who are passionate about the health and wellbeing of our residents and tackling health inequalities across the County. Pre-pandemic, we would be based at Bracknell Forest Council’s offices but, like a lot of people, we are all working from home these days. Thankfully we have great IT and use MS Teams for agile working and are committed to supporting each other during these challenging times, when life is a little out of the ordinary.
Having a focussed, flexible and solutions-driven approach is key to ensure the needs of our colleagues and residents are met whenever possible.
This new post is for 18 months in the first instance, with the possibility of being made permanent and reports to the Social Comms & Marketing Principal.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To audit existing pan-Berkshire websites and create a strategic proposal for our new website that incorporates all existing websites in an accessible, engaging format, designed to motivate and mobilise a wide range of users of varying technical ability to take appropriate action. Proposal to outline required platforms, licences to be purchased etc.
- To build on our existing Berkshire Public Health Covid-19 Dashboard to bring it in-house (into the new website) and enhance and expand it, as well as managing bugs.
- To build and maintain our new website.
- To forge effective working relationships with colleagues in similar roles across our patch, whilst keeping the immediate team updated on progress and identify obstacles and present solutions.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre (when we return to an office-based working pattern).
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
This is a really great opportunity to make your mark, to build a site from scratch and to work with a diverse team of people committed to public health. The person we are seeking will be resourceful and imaginative when it comes to building and managing a website aimed at providing the public with easy to access information and guidance across a wide range of health topics. We are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience in web development and management.
You will be motivated, adaptable and able to work at pace in a home working environment for several months, before we are reunited in an office environment. We are looking for someone with great technical skill who understands the need to follow Council standards.
A working knowledge of a range of platforms is vital, in order to bring all existing sites under one domain, as well as experience with SEO, coding and backend processes.
Having a good understanding of analytics and user testing techniques is important, as well as being able to respond quickly to any necessary fixes and regular updates.
This is the perfect place for ambitious people who want to have strong support and make a lasting impact. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work.
If this sounds like you and you’re keen to put your mix of technical skill and context knowledge to best use, we’d love to hear from you.
Interviews will be held on Monday 14 December 2020 via Teams or Zoom.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Tessa Lush
Job Title: Social Comms Marketing Principal
Phone Number: 07799 898798
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.