At St. Peter’s we have a strong, family–orientated ethos and believe in providing a stimulating and supportive learning environment which engages and motivates our children. We are a one form-entry primary school with a vibrant, enquiry -based approach to the curriculum. We work closely with multi-agency services and are committed to parent partnership and community involvement.
Paid weeks per year: 52
TMS or UPS, dependant on experience (with the opportunity to apply for the Key Stage 1 Lead role, which carries a TLR)
Start date: 1st January 2021
About the role
This post will be for an experienced Year 2 class teacher from January 2021. Please note that there will be the opportunity for the successful candidate to apply for the Key Stage 1 Co-ordinator role, which carries a TLR 2-1.
We require an enthusiastic, child centred practitioner, who will:
- inspire children’s learning
- have high expectations so that all children achieve their best
- value their relationships with children and parents
- be a team player who embraces the vision and ethos of the school
The position would suit someone who is:
- Ambitious and ready for a new challenge
- Imaginative, enthusiastic and community-spirited
- Organised, hard-working and reliable
Ideally you would:
- Have had significant impact in a previous post
- Have experience of Talk for Writing/Power of Reading/IPC /Maths Mastery
- We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to have a staff body that matches the social and cultural diversity of our families.
Closing date: Midnight, 4th December
Interview date: To be confirmed
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
St. Peter's Road, Portslade, BN41 1LS, email: email@example.com
School Office: (01273) 296712
We cannot currently offer visit to the school due to the Pandemic but please have a look at our website for more virtual information and photos of our school:
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.