Hours of work: 37 Hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Wednesday 02 December 2020
Interview date: Week beginning Monday 07 December 2020
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Oakwood Primary Academy
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Oakwood Primary Academy is looking for a Business Manager to lead our team of support staff in ensuring the smooth operation of the school. This is a vital role in helping us provide the highest standard of learning possible for all our pupils.
We are looking for someone:
- With experience in finance, human resources, health and safety and facilities management. You may have a finance/business management qualification or be interested in working towards one.
- With a positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- With the passion and desire to work in a school environment
- Who can lead and work within a small team
- With good attention to detail and effective time management skills
- Who will put the interests of pupils first and always ensure that children are at the heart of decision making
Previous experience of working in a Primary or Secondary school or academy is desirable but not essential.
We can offer:
- A comprehensive program of induction and training
- A network comprised of Business Managers from across the Trust who provide support
- A role where systems and processes are well established
- A workplace that is fun, ambitious and always looking to improve
For further information or to discuss this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school office to arrange to speak to the Trust Finance Director.
Further details including job descriptions and application forms can be found here,
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.