The successful candidate will have experience of undertaking similar roles, working in comparable settings and with a passionate interest in this area of work.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with the business community in Blaenau Gwent.
- To be the interface between Blaenau Gwent Council, key business sectors and other stakeholders in promoting and supporting local employment/skills related (current and future) opportunities.
- Engaging with businesses to identify employment requirements/associated skills gaps; and utilise this information to inform local project delivery, preparing residents (e.g. children and young people) for available/planned opportunities.
- To utilise and maintain appropriate database(s) and/or CRMs to track business offer/requirements and cross reference with stakeholder need/delivery (e.g. individuals, schools, employment agencies); monitoring associated outcomes.
- Work with key partners to prepare residents (e.g. children, young people, unemployed) to meet identified current and future employment needs.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate links between the business community and service users; using innovative and engaging methods.
- To organise, deliver and attend events and activities; encouraging business engagement, active participation and commitment where relevant.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The post holder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.