The successful candidate will have significant experience of delivering similar initiatives, working in comparable settings and with a passionate interest in this area of work.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- Co-ordinate the development and manage the implementation of business cases/plans associated with relevant Regeneration projects (e.g. skills, employment, growth), ensuring all potential options are thoroughly evaluated, monitor the associated budgets and oversee the day to day operational activity.
- Oversee the delivery of an effective range of financial/non-financial support services and projects to customers (e.g. schools, pupils, parents and business) in Blaenau Gwent, to include externally funded schemes; monitoring of associated budgets and performance measures.
- Lead the development and implementation of a range of activity aimed at stimulating and developing Regeneration (e.g. attainment, skills, employment and growth) within Blaenau Gwent; contributing to the work of and representing the Council on relevant project boards/task and finish groups as required.
- Lead the development and co-ordination of support for local customers to access identified regeneration opportunities, working with relevant stakeholders to avoid duplication, develop new and innovative approaches; and optimise impact of service delivery.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of key Regeneration Programmes including Tech Valley, specifically on projects to address supply and demand issues relating to employment and skills.
- Manage the development of local support networks, encouraging co-operation, collaboration, innovation and economic growth, monitoring impact and making recommendations on potential opportunities and future delivery.
- Provide management and direction to staff members within the relevant team.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.