THE HAWKSWOOD GROUP
Learning Support Coach
Scale 4 point 7 – 11 Term time only
32.5 hours £18,154 - £19,495 (Pro-rata)
Closing date: 27th November 2020
Shortlisting date: 30th November 2020
Interview date: TBC
Application pack will be available online on the Hawkswood Group website.
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burnside PRU is part of Hawkswood Group, a group dedicated to providing an excellent education for all our students and servicing the need of Local Authority by focussing on progress, safeguarding and wellbeing for all our young people. We support pupils from all Secondary schools within Waltham Forest and we have a good record of successful re-integration with all provisions within this group are rated, ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Applications are welcomed from dynamic and inspirational individuals, who wish to make a difference by safeguarding, raising standards, and improving the life chances, behaviour and levels of attainment for some of the most vulnerable pupils in Waltham Forest. Pupils whose previous educational experience, for whatever reason has not been wholly positive.
We are interested in candidates, who are fully-inclusive in their practice, with positive behaviour management skills and a growth mind-set attitude. They need to be resilient and flexible enough to work in a pressured school environment. The successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to the aims, values and ethos of the Hawkswood group and be a team player.
If appointed, you will be joining a team committed to changing lives and truly making a difference for all our pupils and work hard together to raise standards in behaviour and educational achievement.
The Hawkswood Group operate a robust Safer Recruitment procedure and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Burnside Secondary School is looking for a Learning Support Coach who will:
- Act as a role model, setting an example of integrity and professionalism and high expectations.
- To be directed by the teacher in class.
- To supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Be responsive and proactive in dealing with pupils, monitor and track their progress, social and academic, individually and in groups.
- To develop positive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Encourage pupils to interact and work inclusively with others to engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
- Liaise closely with all staff in the school by working as part of a team
- Know and understand your safeguarding responsibilities.
Experience in an educational setting is essential.
GCSE Grade 4/C in English and Maths
Level 2 + NVQ for Learning Assistant is desirable.
The Hawkswood Group is committed to promoting the safeguarding of children. Please note that this position requires as enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks will be carried out prior to appointment.