Leasehold Services Officer
Salary: SO1 £30,585 to £31,557
X1 Fixed Term (12 months), Full Time (36 hours) Position
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Major Works and Service Charge Team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and innovative individual to join our Home Ownership Services Team, which currently manages approximately 5,000 leasehold properties.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of leasehold legislation, in particular Section 20 consultation requirements, service charge calculation and lease interpretation. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in this field.
You must have experience of working in a team as well as on your own initiative, and must be organised and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. You must also be able to work directly with customers, have excellent communication skills, and have a passion for delivering first class customer service.
This role is both challenging and rewarding, and requires someone who can think on their feet and has a working knowledge of current legislation.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, experience of using computerised information systems and be confident in dealing with customers and have a passion for excellent customer service.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. Your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 10th December 2020
Interview date: 17th to 18th December 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Erica Raval on 020 8132 2145 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.