Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Tanners Wood Close, Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire, WD5 0HR
Salary: £19.312- £20,903 (£10.01 - £10.83 per hour) plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual) subject to criteria*
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Initially 1 year Fixed Term contract or Secondment
THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS
Tanners Wood Close is a Supported Living Scheme in Abbots Langley offering social care, and support. On the site there are adults with learning disabilities who are tenants of Aldwyck Housing Association – a Social Care landlord. The site also has a care home unit offering respite care in a 8 bedded house. We also have 3 group homes in the community.
The support offered takes into account the varying needs of people including: mild to severe learning disabilities, mental health difficulties, sensory impairments, epilepsy and the beginnings of age-related conditions.
The aim is to assist/support people to learn or maintain daily living skills to enable independence as far as possible. All staff employed at the scheme are trained to an appropriate level and are expected to treat everyone with dignity and respect. The service offered at Tanners Wood Close is 24 hours and includes waking night staff to meet people’s needs.
Nearest Bus Stop: De Havilland or Tanners Wood Lane – Routes 8, 318, H19 & R9.
Nearest Train Station: Kings Langley (National Rail), 1 mile, 19 min walk.
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with complex emotional and physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence.
- Undertake medication duties, including administration and recording, and where appropriate supervise junior staff in this task
- To be responsible for co-ordination of service users finances/handling money in line with support plans.
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
Driving Roles Only: As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites/Residences either using your own mode of transport or a company car. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role and a DVLA check will be required on appointment.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Jo Hislop - 01442 453298 or Jo.Hislop1@hertfordshire.gov.uk
Closing Date: Monday 30th November
Interview Date: Thursday 10th December and Friday 11th December
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.
Internal Vacancy: This is an internal vacancy and therefore applications from HCC/Local Authority employees only will be considered in the first instance.
Fixed Term and/or Secondment: This is a Fixed Term or Secondment vacancy. If you work for HCC or any other Local Authority and would like to be considered as a Secondment contract, please ensure you complete the attached Secondment Form as part of your application. If you do not, your application will be considered as a Fixed Term Contract only.
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.