We are recruiting to a permanent Contracts, Procurement and Information lawyer position at HB Public Law. You will undertake varied, high quality work with like minded and supportive colleagues who are committed to public service and making a difference in local communities.
HB Public Law is one of the country’s leading shared local authority legal practices between a number of North West London boroughs; it is Lexcel accredited and we pride ourselves on delivering a high quality service. Staff are employed by Harrow Council, but work for a number of public sector clients.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
The successful candidate will be required to carry a full caseload dealing with matters including, but not limited to:
- Providing advice and having conduct of legal files relating to contracts, procurement and information law matters.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts to include construction contracts and service contracts.
- Supporting corporate projects and advising on contract related governance issues
- Advising senior officers within the practice’s local authority clients
- Advising on procurement in compliance with the Public Contract Regulations and other EU Legislation
You will be required to pick up a caseload from the outset and successful candidates must have experience in conducting commercial contract work.
The vacancy is a career graded post encompassing grades G10, G11 and MG1 (£38,496 to £53,568). Details of the threshold criteria for the relevant grades are set out in the role profile. There is also an annual career grading application process to allow lawyers to advance to the next grade.
If you would like a confidential conversation about the opportunity please call our team leader Sarah Inverary on 07927 548788.
We have a set of values, which our employees have chosen, that represent what we are:
- We are ambitious about what's possible, challenging the status quo and ready to step up and accept a challenge.
- We make brave decisions to achieve success, delivering on our promises and inspiring others to 'Think Big'.
Do it together
- We build strong, effective relationships across the organisation, sharing our knowledge and breaking down silos.
- We listen to others opinions to inform decision making and seek opportunities to drive collaboration with those that share our outcome.
- We value diversity and always treat others with empathy and respect.
Make it happen
- We are outcomes focused, setting clear objectives within a framework and articulating what success looks like.
- We are decisive, agile and quick to act. We know what to do and have the conviction to do it.
- We break down barriers and enable others to be more effective.
- Support for candidates visit: uk
- Our behavioural indicators roles below G11 and above G11
- Here at Harrow Council, the vision is one of 'Working together to make a difference for Harrow'.
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we are happy to be asked. So, if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates... Good luck
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
We particularly welcome female applicants, individuals under 25 years of age, those from the BAME community, LGBT applicants and disabled applicants, as they are under-represented within Harrow Council at this level. Appointment will always, however be made on merit.
Closing Date: 07/12/2020