Job Title: Senior Care Worker
Location: Nevetts, Bowling Green Lane, Buntingford, Hertfordshire, SG9 9DF - Click for directions
Salary Range: £20,903 up to £25,481 (£10.83 - £13.20) depending on experience plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Initial 6 months, Fixed Term or Secondment
DOES A 2 DAY WEEK FOLLOWED BY A 3 DAY WEEK SOUND GOOD TO YOU? WORK YOUR FULL-TIME HOURS IN ONLY 5 LONG DAYS OVER THE COURSE OF A FORTNIGHT.
Nevetts care home was recently re-opened as a response to Covid-19 to help ease pressure on local NHS hospitals. On a typical day, we care for people that have tested positive for Covid-19, who are ready to leave hospital but not quite ready to return home. Every effort will be put in place to safeguard both staff and residents during this difficult time. In return, we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual career goals, through our industry leading training and employee welfare programmes.
Nearest Bus Stop: Edwinstree C of E Middle School
- THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS –
About the job:
- You will manage and lead the care assistant staff within the care home to follow and implement care and support plans for residents by enabling individuals to live as independently as possible in their own home, and within the wider community.
- You will be required to undertake direct personal care and support
- To support the Manager and Deputy Manager in all aspects of the home’s management and assist in the training of all staff in all aspects of their work in the home.
- To provide the care detailed in the residents individualised care plan using a person-centred approach
- Supporting residents with all aspects of personal care whilst maintaining and promoting independence and ensuring privacy and respect.
- Support and assist residents with their meals as required in a dignified and respectful manner ensuring that a pleasant and calm atmosphere is maintained.
- To identify and meet the social, emotional and cultural needs of residents and participate in the organisation for social and recreational activities.
- To undertake the role of the keyworker in relation to each individual care homes guidelines.
- Experience of supporting people with learning and physical disabilities and have gained NVQ/QCF level 2 qualification or equivalent or be willing to work towards an RQF level 3.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers, social work teams and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
<!-- x-tinymce/html --><!-- x-tinymce/html -->
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
To apply for this position please upload you most recent CV or feel free to call and discuss your suitability on 01438 844 435.
*This is a rolling advert and candidates will be contacted as and when they apply*
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.
Internal Vacancy: This is an internal vacancy and therefore applications from HCC/Local Authority employees only will be considered in the first instance.
Fixed Term and/or Secondment: This is a Fixed Term or Secondment vacancy. If you work for HCC or any other Local Authority and would like to be considered as a Secondment contract, please ensure you complete the attached Secondment Form as part of your application. If you do not, your application will be considered as a Fixed Term Contract only.
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.