Job Title: Waking Night Carer (Multiple positions)
Location: Nevetts, Bowling Green Lane, Buntingford, Hertfordshire, SG9 9DF
Salary Range: £19,312 up to £20,903pa (£10.01 - £10.83) depending on experience plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria, plus enhancement for nights.
Hours: 37 hours per week and flexible hours available
Contract: Initial 6 months Fixed Term or Secondment
Nevetts care home was recently re-opened as a response to Covid-19 to help ease pressure on local NHS hospitals. On a typical day, we care for people that have tested positive for Covid-19, who are ready to leave hospital but not quite ready to return home to. Every effort will be put in place to safeguard both staff and residents during this difficult time. In return, we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual career goals, through our industry leading training and employee welfare programmes.
Nearest Bus Stop: Edwinstree C of E Middle School
- THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS –
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence.
- Promote good practice, undertake medication duties, including administration and recording
- To be responsible for handling of service users finances in line with support plans.
- Support service users to maintain their home environment
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
To apply for this position please upload you most recent CV or feel free to call and discuss your suitability on 01438 844 435.
*This is a rolling advert and candidates will be contacted as and when they apply*
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.
Internal Vacancy: This is an internal vacancy and therefore applications from HCC/Local Authority employees only will be considered in the first instance.
Fixed Term and/or Secondment: This is a Fixed Term or Secondment vacancy. If you work for HCC or any other Local Authority and would like to be considered as a Secondment contract, please ensure you complete the attached Secondment Form as part of your application. If you do not, your application will be considered as a Fixed Term Contract only.
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.