The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is a special and fantastic place to live and work. The council is set in a major tourism area with tourist attractions including Windsor Castle, Legoland and Ascot Racecourse and with the Royal Family on the doorstep, this is a great place to live and work. There are excellent transport connections to London and the West of England, especially with the new Elizabeth Line opening in Maidenhead.
As we tackle the immediate challenges of Covid-19 and as we plan for the future beyond, we are looking to appoint a new Executive Director of Place Services that will ensure the effective delivery of high quality, resident-focused, efficient services in the 21st Century.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and providing strategic leadership and support to elected members, in this role you will hold responsibility for ‘place shaping’, delivering physical transformation in Maidenhead, building a town for everyone, and creating the conditions for jobs and growth across the Royal Borough, as well as delivering other high quality place services to residents such as planning, transport, leisure and cultural services
We have made several changes in our Place services as we seek to continue the modernisation of our services and helping us support and grow the local economy of Windsor and Maidenhead. We therefore require an Executive Director of Place Services with both a previous track record in leading and managing large scale services, and an innovative, modernising approach to ensuring we make the most of our assets and economic and environmental infrastructure.
We are entirely open to candidates’ backgrounds and keen to attract a diverse range of candidates. What is critical is that you enjoy and thrive working in a team environment and have a focus on delivering exceptional customer service.
Other attributes that we are looking for include:
- Experience of strategic and senior management and planning of the services in scope, with the ability to provide strong strategic leadership and direction in a manner that secures commitment and ownership.
- Contract management in relevant, comparable settings
- A track record of developing a vision of high quality, effective and improving services.
- Experience of leading and managing change, resulting in measurable service improvements.
- Understanding of how to achieve results in a political environment and evidence of doing so in a similar organisation.
- Ability to apply creative and innovative thinking to complex service challenges
- Personal and professional demeanour which engenders confidence internally and externally
- A champion of high-performance culture
To find out more about this role please visit https://www.berwickpartners.co.uk/opportunities/assignment/81213/
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners:
Associate Partner, Lead for Place, Regeneration & Partnerships
Direct: + 44 121 654 5912
Mobile: + 44 7793 529 576
Direct: 0121 654 5915
Closing date: 9 December 2020