We’re helping to provide schools and parents with the best possible service. You can support us to do this
Some days you will be talking to parents on the phone or by email helping them make an application to school or helping a parent who has moved to the area and needs our support in getting the right school place for their child. Other days you will be doing the admin work that makes our service tick.
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
- The Team is always busy and no two days are the same.
- We work independently but always as a team. There are some times during the year when the pressure is on to meet statutory deadlines and everyone pulls together to achieve that but always supported.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Processing applications using the ONE system. Training on this will be given to ensure you are fully able to do this on your own, prior knowledge of the system would be useful. Comprehensive procedures are available to follow so you are never alone.
- Maintaining the waiting lists and collect numbers on roll for maintained schools and for own admission authority schools where required.
- Process applications for Free School Meals via the Eligibility Checking Hub to relay that information to schools to ensure they are able to claim the relevant Pupil Premium.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
- An enthusiastic team player
- Takes care of the small detail
- Organised and able to multi task
Interviews will be held on
25 November 2020
Want to ask us a question? –
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
School Admissions Manager
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.