We are seeking a 1-1 Teaching Assistant preferably with previous experience of supporting a child with Downs Syndrome in lower Key Stage 2, or a desire to do so, to take on this highly rewarding role.
Middlethorpe Primary Academy is a highly successful, innovative place to learn. It is a place where children and professionals thrive. As part of the Enquire Learning Trust we have access to a highly skilled, creative network of schools that work together to continually improve. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to join our dedicated team.
We are looking for:
- energy and passion
- good communication and interpersonal skills with both children and adults
- experience of Makaton
- the ability to work creatively, independently and with initiative
- nurturing skills and the ability to be able to be supportive of the development of the child’s social and self-help skills
- the ability to work as part of a team
- a sense of humour
We can offer you:
· A warm, welcoming environment
· The support of a dedicated team
· A commitment to extensive personal, professional development
· Opportunities to further develop your career within the Trust
· Pupils who are keen to learn and help us to continually improve
Middlethorpe is dedicated to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Middlethorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hours of work between 08.45- 15.30 (Monday-Friday) Term time only + 5 training days