Required for Easter 2021
Salary Range: L12-18
Pan: 210 Age Range: 4-11
Imagine leading 'The School at the Top of the World' with sparkling sea views every day!
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: Easter 2021
About the role
Following the retirement of the current Headteacher, the Governors of this welcoming and popular Catholic school, are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher.
The successful candidate will be a practising Catholic, fully committed to developing and enriching the mission of our school: ‘Learning and Growing Together, Unique in God’s Eyes’.
They will have vision, enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others, and a commitment to developing a learning community where everyone is empowered to achieve their personal best.
We are looking for someone special who:
- Is highly motivated with proven leadership skills and experience of successfully leading aspects of whole school improvement
- Is committed to working in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community including deanery, parish and local school cluster
- Has initiative, drive, integrity, a sense of humour and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is a strategic thinker, with the vision to shape the future of the school.
We can offer you:
- A lovely bright, well-maintained and well-resourced school with spectacular sea views
- Happy, enthusiastic children who are full of great ideas
- A friendly and supportive school team – staff, parents and governors
- A school that has consistently been graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted (last Ofsted April 2019).
Visits to the school are encouraged; we have a strict Covid 19 Health & Safety plan in place. Please contact Mrs Joanne Levy, school business manager on 01273 607924 or by email:
JoanneLevy@stjohn.brighton-hove.sch.uk to arrange a visit and to request an application pack.
St John the Baptist Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 1pm, Friday 27th November
Interview date: Monday 7th and Tuesday 8th December
Please ensure you apply with Catholic Education form, downloaded from below or Catholic Education Website
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Whitehawk Hill Road, Brighton, BN2 0AH, email: Joannelevy@stjohn.brighton-hove.sch.uk
School Office: (01273) 607924
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.