Mile Oak Primary School is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and passionate teacher to join our team at our exciting school.
Paid weeks per year: 52
Fixed term: Maternity leave cover
Start date: January 2021
About the role
Mile Oak Primary School is a large primary school in Portslade with 484 pupils on roll. We are currently on a rapidly improving school journey and we are supporting each other to drive school improvement. As a school we believe that it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every child achieves their potential.
Our children demonstrate excellent behaviours for learning and are consistently challenged by the exciting opportunities and creative curriculum that we offer. The School would expect you to share our core values and to be fully involved in the life of the whole school.
We are looking for:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
- A commitment to improving standards of teaching and learning across the whole school.
- To play a proactive role in the life and ethos of the whole school.
- A commitment to inclusion and safeguarding practices.
- Passionate about working with the local community and developing wider partnerships.
- Well organised with strong interpersonal skills.
In turn we offer you:
- An excellent range of professional development opportunities.
- An incredibly hard-working, friendly and supportive staff team.
- A positive, exciting and motivated school environment.
- Enthusiastic children with a real desire to learn and be inspired.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 27th November
Interview date: Week commencing 30th November
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Graham Avenue, Portslade, BN41 2WN, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 294880
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.