The Governors of this excellent and well-regarded school are seeking to appoint an experienced Admin Officer to work alongside our Business Manager. The successful candidate will work 35 hours per week, term time only, and will be responsible for undertaking administrative, financial and organisational processes within the school under the guidance of the business manager and senior staff. The admin officer will be responsible for:
- Providing general clerical and administrative support, including word processing, minute taking, filing routine correspondence, distributing mail and basic reprographics.
- Undertaking routine financial administration, including petty cash, postage, banking etc.
- Maintaining and updating manual and computerised records including for example, attendance records, after-school club administration, lunchtime arrangements etc
- Undertaking reception duties including answering the telephone and responding to routine queries.
- Maintaining stock and order supplies, i.e. checking incoming deliveries and the distribution and storage of stock.
- Undertaking general welfare support, where required, including liaison with staff and parents.
The successful candidates will have:
- Relevant qualifications and experience as outlined in the Job Description and Personal Specification
- Experience of Microsoft Office and preparation of data reports, letters/documents.
- Experience of school administration systems - SIMS and Finance.
- Experience of banking and cash handling.
- Experience of working in a school office environment.
- An ability to work as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to working.
- A high level of patience and understanding.
- Excellent basic skills in literacy and numeracy with good spoken English, coupled with excellent communication skills
We can offer you:
- A caring ethos rooted in the Christian faith and teachings
- A happy and positive school where children are keen to learn
- A welcoming, friendly and supportive staff team
- A commitment to future development and training
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.