Senior Development Management Officer (Planning),
Salary: £35,432 to £39,877
As a key member of the planning team, your role as a Senior Development Management Officer will play a central role in managing key planning projects alongside a high performing team which shape the future of Huntingdonshire. This will involve:
· Through your development management work, contributing significantly to positively shape and improve the district for everyone who live, work, visit and invest in Huntingdonshire
· An exciting and rewarding caseload including working on majors, as well as medium to small scale planning applications and various pre-application development proposals
· Opportunities for mentoring
· Being part of an ideas-centric organisation
You will be joining an organisation with sustainable economic growth and the climate emergency at the core of its political mandate and as a senior member of the Local Planning Authority’s Development Management Team you will be integral in delivering this agenda.
Individuals with the following experience and attributes will thrive in this opportunity:
· An accomplished Town Planner with knowledge of Planning legislation, S106 agreements and Environmental Impact Assessments.
· Able to establish effective project management from policy interpretation through the pre-application process through to on-site delivery.
· Experienced in working on planning appeals and of the political environment in which the planning system operates.
· Knowledgeable in handling a range of development proposals with varying complexity and scale
· A highly motivated, and versatile individual looking to make this position their own
The Area Development Management teams operate within a wider Development structure which covers a district of over 90,000 hectares. As the largest district in Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire is home to over 177,000 residents, with more than 78,000 homes and over 9,000 local business units supporting 85,000 jobs across more than 80 towns, villages and smaller settlements. Our Local Plan, which was adopted in 2019, aims to support a diverse economy, provide sufficient infrastructure, provide environmental benefits and support the health and well-being of our communities.
With a focus on small and medium scale planning applications, as well as some major planning applications (up to 199 units), the Area Teams play a key role in delivering ambitious and sustainable growth. The ethos of the team is forward-thinking, dynamic and creative to ensure that those who live and work in Huntingdonshire thrive.
Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is passionate about providing high quality services to our communities, residents and businesses and this means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people. Situated within the heart of the Cambridge-Peterborough Growth Area, Huntingdonshire is a beautiful district that boasts thriving market towns and many attractive villages, each with its own identity. We are an innovative and forward-thinking Local Authority whose residents are at the heart of our decision making
We want to employ staff who embody our icare values (Inspiring, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Enterprising) all of which support our ultimate purpose of putting our customers first.
A full job description along with details of how to apply can be downloaded from our website at
Should you have any additional questions regarding submitting an application, please contact our Recruitment Business Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is 29th November 2020 and interviews will be held early December.
We are currently working full remotely until March 2021 when we anticipate returning to the office and candidates should be within commutable distance of our offices in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our recruitment and along with our values we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community and we offer a range of benefits including flexitime to encourage a work life balance. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly under-represented in our organisation and sector, such as disabled people and people from BAME communities