Presfield High School & Specialist College are looking to appoint a Deputy DSL/Cover Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate will work 34 hours per week, Term Time plus 1 week.
We are seeking an outstanding team member who would be willing to go the "extra mile" in supporting our pupils to achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will be required:
- To support students with a diagnosis of Autism and their families
- To deputise for the school’s Designated Safeguarding lead where necessary
- To be a source of excellence, knowledge and support for the staff with regard to safeguarding children
- To support the schools drive to excellence and contribute towards meeting the school priorities
- To provide support for parents and carers; developing appropriate parenting skills to enhance parent/child relationships
- To promote and improve school attendance
- To provide occasional lesson cover
- To provide TA cover where necessary
Key Skills required:
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with students, colleagues and parents/carers
- Ability to work with pupils at all levels with particular ability to use specific strategies for ASC
- Ability to work empathetically with parents/ carers and signpost to appropriate services
- Ability to adapt own approach in response to the needs of families
- Have excellent communication skills to be able to re-engage hard to reach families
- Ability to work proactively
- Ability to effectively manage own time and to work within challenging deadlines
- Maintain a calm and professional approach in difficult situations
- Be self confident and able to work on your own initiative and accept responsibility
- Be able to work as part of a team and accept management
- Ability to work independently
The successful candidate will also be required to hold a Full UK Driving License.
** For Full Details of the post, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification below **
Interested candidates are welcome to attend for an informal tour around the school, however due to COVID-19, tours will be conducted after 3.30pm and candidates will be required to wear a face covering whilst on school premises. Please contact the School Office on 01704 227831 should you wish to arrange a tour of the school.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.