Job Title: Team Manager - Child Independent Review Team
Location: County Hall, Hertford (flexible)
Salary Range: £46,845 - £49,866 pa + £4000 Market Forces (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 22 hours per week
Contract: One- year fixed term
Are you looking to make a difference?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to apply for a new Team Managers Post in the IRO service. This is a 1-year fixed term contract and is a new post created to support the drive for continuous improvement in the service
We are looking for someone with passion and enthusiasm to work alongside our existing team manager to support the service in its work in improving outcomes for children. You will require excellent communication skills, a good understanding of the role of the IRO and legislation as it applies to Looked after Children. You will be able to challenge practice, where appropriate, both internally and with our external providers. Management experience is essential as is a social work qualification.
- Knowledge of Children Acts 1989 and 2004, Adoption and Children Act 2002, Leaving Care Act 2000, Children and Young Person’s Act 2008 and all associated Regulations and Guidance, including The IRO Handbook 2010 and the guidance and regulations on Care Planning, Placement and Case Review 2010.
- Experience of having worked successfully at a supervisory/managerial level to develop a high performing social work team.
- Experience and skills in partnership working across Children’s Services. Promotes cooperation, working together with other organisations and service users as the means of shaping, developing and delivering services.
- Ability to advise and make decisions on complex cases.
You will be highly motivated, adaptable and driven in ensuring the team is working collaboratively with partners and parents to improve outcomes for children in Hertfordshire.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application which evidences how you meet the requirements within the Person Specification.
Closing Date: 22nd Novemebr 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Kim Burrowes, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes