Help build on past success, delivering continued improvement, be supported to work in a flexible and dynamic team
Bracknell Forest has built a reputation for sound financial management and high-quality financial reporting, earned due to consistently strong performance since the council was created in 1998.
Like all organisations, we are now facing some major challenges, in particular increasing demand for our services at a time of financial constraints. To help us meet these challenges we are continuously developing new ways of working and are seeking an individual who is dynamic and enthusiastic and can offer suggestions towards further improving the professional service we provide.
If you are flexible, an effective communicator and a strong team player we would be interested in hearing from you.
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
You will be working collaboratively within a team of experienced professionals who will provide the support you need to develop in this role.
These last 6 months have been challenging, however, through investment in IT and a flexible approach to working styles finance have coped admirably and taken opportunities to adapt and improve processes.
Whilst we hope to return to the Council’s offices in the near future, we have found different ways of maintaining morale and motivation through remote working.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- The preparation of timely and accurate information to enable accurate recording and monitoring of expenditure and income and to assist in the effective control of the Council’s financial affairs
- Investigate general financial queries (including supporting the year-end closure and audit requests) and assist in maintaining manual and computerised records.
- Process School Imprests, providing guidance and support to bursars to reconcile these accounts
- Working with services to transfer and post income from balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of government returns, statistics and other financial information
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment, coupled with the ability to regularly work from home.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Local Government Pension scheme based on Career Average earnings
What we’re looking for…
The successful candidate will be a team player with good organisational skills, excellent communication and ICT skills and experience with a range of functionalities on Microsoft excel.
Interviews will be held on
16th December 2020
Want to ask us a question? –
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Directorate Support Manager
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.