Please be advised, if we receive a high volume of applications, we reserve the right to close this position before the advertised closing date.
Dartford’s Housing team is looking to appoint a Housing Assistant to provide administrative support to the Rents Team. You will need to be target driven and able to work on your own initiative at a time of real challenge for those involved with managing rent arrears. This will include taking early preventative action in line with our policy and procedures both through personal contact and correspondence and referral on to other team members for further welfare benefits advice as appropriate. Where necessary you will follow our escalation policy and initiate possession proceedings including entering cases into court via PCOL.
The main duties of the post include:
- Monitoring all current rent accounts in arrears
- Taking early preventative action to stop arrears accruing
- Handling all housing rent arrears enquiries
- Liaising with other Council departments including housing benefit
- Administration of procedures for arrears prevention and recovery
- Making On Line applications to court for possession hearings
- Maintaining records (both computer and paper based)
You will need to be able to work under pressure, have excellent communication skills, be customer focused, accurate with figures, well organised and a good team player. And demonstrate the following:
- Experience of using an integrated housing database, and IT packages including Microsoft
- Experience of working in housing in a customer facing role
- Experience of working within a confidential working environment
- Knowledge of court processes relating to enforcement action
- Excellent administration skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to discuss sensitive issues with our customers calmly
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a flexible approach;
You will also be passionate about deadlines and ensuring that service standards are met.