The Local Government Association (LGA) is looking to recruit two senior media relations officers to join its national press office.
The LGA is in the national media every day on behalf of our members promoting the efforts of councils to lead communities through the COVID-19 pandemic and pushing for local government to have the funding and powers to improve the lives of their communities.
As a senior member of the team, you will help us generate proactive stories which set the news agenda and secure positive, high-profile, national news coverage for local government.
Working in our Communications Directorate, your main duties will include:
- Generating positive, proactive news stories which reflect the LGA’s corporate and campaigning objectives
- Rebutting negative news stories about local government
- Providing advice to elected members and senior staff, preparing briefings for high-profile media interviews
- Working on policy-driven campaigns which reflect the priorities of our member authorities and the people they serve
- Supporting member authorities by offering guidance, advice and help with crisis communications
- Provide communications and media support for our commercial contracts with external organisations
The ideal candidate will have significant media relations experience and excellent personal and influencing skills that are required to build good working relationships in a complex political organisation. A positive, ‘can do’ team player you will arrive full of ideas about how local government’s voice can be heard on the national stage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with extensive media relations experience who wants to become an integral part of one of the busiest press offices in England. Flexible working opportunities are available.
For further information and to apply online, please visit https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/lga/displayjob.aspx?jobid=1122