There is currently a full time Fostering Panel Advisor vacancy in our Fostering Service to cover the fostering panel based in Lewisham. We need an experienced, competent and committed Panel Advisor with energy and drive who will work effectively to improve outcomes for our children and young people.
To provide professional advice to the fostering and permanency panels and to the agency decision maker to ensure that a high quality fostering service is provided by Lewisham in compliance with the appropriate National Minimum Standards, Regulations and all relevant legislation.
- To contribute to the achievement of the authorities key purposes and to the continuous improvement of its performance.
- To advise, monitor and report on fostering practices and performance.
- To ensure effective quality assurance mechanisms and systems are in place in order to achieve excellence and positive outcomes for children, prospective adoptive parents, and prospective foster carers and approved foster carers.
- Quality assure all reports, using IT portal or paper format prepared for panel to make sure they meet the necessary standards and that all relevant documents are available for panel members within statutory and regulatory timescales.
- Ensuring compliance of the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Together with the panel chair, they have responsibility for ensuring that appropriately experienced and qualified panel members are recruited, inducted and receive training and annual appraisals.
- To be a member of the Fostering management team providing vision and innovation in service planning and service delivery.
- To increase knowledge and understanding of fostering and to develop effective practice amongst social work staff.
Laurence House, Catford
What we’re looking for
- Registered Social Worker
- Minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience.
- Significant experience in Fostering and an understanding of the range of issues faced by vulnerable children, their families and the challenges that this brings for Foster Carers.
- A well organised practitioner who is able to challenge constructively in order to achieve and retain outstanding standards at all times.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to demonstrate effective partnership working with a variety of stakeholders.
- The candidate must demonstrate sound knowledge of the relevant legislative framework: specifically Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 & 2013 and the Fostering Services National Minimum Standards 2011 and Care Planning, placement and Case Review Regulations 2010.
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
£51,567 - £53,574 pa (PO7)
For an informal discussion, please contact Ola Aregbesola on 0208 314 9753.
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The post is subject to a DBS.
Sunday 22nd November 2020, 11.59pm
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.