An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Team Manager to join our Children's Assessment Team.
You will be responsible for leading, managing and coaching a team of 6 social workers and a family support worker responsible for delivering and improving services for vulnerable children, young people and their families. You will report to a Group Manager and work closely with other Team Managers across the service.
As a registered social worker with SWE you will have a minimum of 5 years post qualifying experience of working with children and families in the statutory sector together with proven management experience. You will also be able to demonstrate a breadth of knowledge and experience of working with children in a statutory setting and ideally have experience of working with ‘Signs of Safety’ or a similar relationship and strengths-based practice framework.
If you are passionate and committed to improving the lives and opportunities of children and young people then we would like to hear from you.
Medway is proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
- Market Premia Payment of £4,000 per annum (paid monthly)
- Retention Payment of £3,000 per annum (payable after 1 year of service)
- Career progression scheme to support your pathway of professional development
- Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car after 6 months
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Access to a Surface Pro and mobile phone, to support flexible working
- Access to a confidential information, advice and counselling service
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
For an informal discussion please contact Ingrid Crisan, Head of Service for Children’s Social Work Team and Assessment Team on 01634 331505.
This post is subject to an enhanced Children’s DBS check.
Candidates must have a valid driving licence for use in the UK and have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview via Microsoft Teams.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.