South Kesteven District Council is setting up LeisureSK as an independent, wholly owned company to run a range of sports, leisure and cultural services in South Kesteven. LeisureSK will not be just an operator but is charged with transforming participation in sport and culture and making a real difference to people’s lives.
The company will get more people, more active, more often – in the leisure and cultural activities provided around the District.
The full range of services are as follows;
Grantham Meres Leisure Centre
- Bourne Leisure Centre
- Deepings Leisure Centre
- Stamford Leisure Centre
We are now at the key stage of setting up our management and governance structure and recruiting the full Board of Directors and a Non-Executive Director. We are therefore seeking people who share our vision and want to help create great opportunities for people who live, work and visit the District to take up and enjoy a range of quality sport, fitness and cultural activities.
We are looking for a Non-Executive Director who can help us:
- To identify and break down barriers to accessing our Leisure facilities in South Kesteven
- To connect communities in South Kesteven, looking at outreach programmes outside of traditional leisure facilities
- To reduce social isolation and promote independent living in South Kesteven
- To improve the physical and emotional wellbeing of residents of South Kesteven through targeted health programmes
- To facilitate and support the future of Council owned leisure and cultural facilities in South Kesteven
If you have the skills and commitment to help us succeed, then please do take the time to read our pack. If you would like to talk further, please contact Karen Whitfield, Head of Leisure at South Kesteven District Council.