£52,722 - £64,422 pa
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced Operational Risk Manager ready to lead, manage, direct and deliver all aspects of the Newham Risk Strategy. This is a high profile role and you will be comfortable operating at Director and Audit Committee level whilst also providing a very hands on service. You will:
· Have an extensive practical knowledge of operational risk frameworks (in the public or private sectors) and be able to adapt that experience in an innovative and pragmatic way.
· Provide strategic direction and support to the council in developing the skills, systems and abilities to ensure proper identification, evaluation and management of risk in the delivery of their services.
· Be a self-starter and bring drive and enthusiasm to this role.
· Relish the opportunity of embedding effective risk management throughout the Council ensuring that it meets the needs of all users.
· Work closely with other members of the Assurance Management Team to ensure that the service is providing a joined up approach for customers, taking into account all risk, insurance, audit, fraud and governance issues.
· Report directly to the Head of Assurance.
Closing Date: 22nd November 2020
Please view Risk Manager jd
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.