Hours of work: 37 Hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Monday 23 November 2020, noon
Interview date: Thursday 26 November 2020
Interviews will be remote in light of Covid-19
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Parkland Federation
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
The Parkland Federation and Governing Body are seeking to appoint a Premises Manager from 14th December 2020, or earlier by negotiation, as follows:
We are looking for someone to be responsible for the security, maintenance and cleaning of the site.
Main duties will include:
- Ensure that buildings and the site are secure, including during out of school hours and take remedial action if required
- Act as a designated key holder, providing out of hours and emergency access to the school site
- Work with Trust leadership to procure quotes for routine maintenance work on school premises
- Contribute to the management of the premises budget
- Be responsible for other site staff including contractors for cleaning and gardening maintenance
- Operate and regularly check systems such as fire alarms, bedlam bells, heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms)
- Undertake minor repairs (i.e. not requiring qualified craftsperson) and maintenance of the buildings and site
- Contribute significantly to cleanliness of site and premises and ensure agreed daily schedule is completed
Essential qualities are:
- Basic training in one or more of the following; plumbing, general and ground maintenance, electrical/building maintenance, heating systems, decorating (or sound experience of same)
- Experience of working in a building / site maintenance role including forward planning and problem solving
- Experience of overseeing other works i.e. contractors, cleaners etc.
- Experience of undertaking responsibility for the care and maintenance of premises
- Experience of dealing with a variety of stakeholders in person, by email, and on the telephone
- Experience of following purchasing and other financial procedures
Please see the job description for full details of the post.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic people committed to working as part of a team. We can offer a happy, welcoming school with a supportive staff.
If you are interested in this post, please visit our website for a support staff application form:
Applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com or by post to:
The Parkland Federation
East Sussex BN22 9QJ
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Due to the current situation visits are not permitted to the school. If you require any further insight into our school, please visit www.theparklandfederation.org
If you experience any difficulties completing the form or have any queries, please contact the office manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.